Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Rock Candy

This is a video from Paul Wissmach Glass Company. View the video and just observe the process.


IMG 0282 from Carla Snell on Vimeo.

Now that you watched the video. List the steps that you saw. You can have as many as you would like...just be thorough. (Example: Step 1- ...., Step 2-....)

After you list the steps that it took for stained glass. Now, list the steps for making rock candy. You may google this information if necessary...but list your sources (websites).

Answer these questions too:
1. How is stained glass and rock candy related?
2. Why do we even need to compare the two?
3. Think about the chemical make-up or recipe for both process...how are they related?

4 comments:

  1. Your posts and videos are excellent. This is a great resource for any teacher in the state of West Virginia to use. Great questions and resources.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the questions you provide for your students. The video is great. I still can't believe we were able to get so close!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you make a comparison to something the students can relate to

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with David. Those men reminded me of my mom and grandma making candy at Christmas. I think I got a little closer view at the glass factory mom was always running kids out of her kitchen.

    ReplyDelete